WHERE TRADITION MEETS TECHNOLOGY
Article Date: 22.02.2014
Thanks to cutting-edge technologies and state-of-the-art machinery, Salvini Marmi is now a sector leader. All processes are guaranteed with utmost efficiency and quality, targeting the "tradition meets technology'' philosophy. Salvini Marmi production has successfully crossed international borders with this mix of factors. In actual fact, the company is currently exporting worldwide, and is especially popular in the USA, Canada, South America and India.
The company was established by Ferruccio Salvini in 1975 and for about 20 years worked out of its plant in Nuvolera (BS), where it produced rough Botticino marble-chip floor tiles, 1.5-2cm in high, suitable for the domestic market. After the introduction of polishing and finishing facilities in 1976, the commitment of sons Lucio, Giorgio, Sergio and Giancarlo allowed the company to begin an intensive expansion and development phase, opening towards overseas markets, like the Middle East. Initial exports towards the "developing" USA area, in the early 1980s, and the consequent specialization in production of slim, 1cm-high, modular tiles, led Salvini Marmi to open the new Prevalle (BS) plant in 1989, where it is still working in an area covering about 20,000sqm.
Today's daily output of 800sqm in tiles (of every sizes: from the little cm 30,5x30,5x1 to the big rectangular cm 60x120x2) and 350sqm of slabs, has taken the company to a leader position amongst Italian stone exporters, and has allowed it to win several prestigious supply contracts, mainly in the United States.
In Nuvolera remained the blocks warehouse coming from own quarry where about 1500 Tons per month are extracted and that are sold in particular in Indian market.